|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on May 1, 2020 at 11:40 AM|
Upper Humber Rod and Gun Association
177 Goose Arm Road, Deer Lake,
www.upperhumberrodandgun.com May 01, 2020
COVID-‐19 ACTION PLAN
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Due to the Covid-‐19 virus and the declaration of a Public Health Emergency by the Province of Newfoundland Labrador, The Executive and Board of the Upper Humber Rod and Gun Association has enacted a "Covid-‐19 Action Plan” for our Association. Taking into account the level system for Alert Awareness which is now at Level 5. On May 11 if conditions allow us, we move to Alert Awareness Level 4.
Taking in account Health Canada’s guidance that outdoor activities have a lower risk and that they still recommend social distancing, we present these directives:
• UHRGA will suspend all group activities and rentals indefinitely. The clubhouse will remain closed until further notice. Currently under review.
• Continued use of ranges by members in groups of 5 persons or less during a "Level 5" Alert Awareness.
On May 11th should our Province permitt a "Level 4" then 10 persons max will be permitted under that level of Awareness.
• Social distancing shall be maintained by all range users. Protect yourself and others, Wearing a mask is safe practise.
• Use only every second shooting platform and/or maintain safe social distance between each person including those at shooting positions.
• Members/guests are responsible for their own hand washing measures / sanitization and each person will assume any and all risks when touching any surfaces including locks, doors, tables, chairs, and surfaces. It is a good idea to bring along cleaning/disinfectants.
• Leave nothing behind, everything you bring in you bring out including shell casings, cartridges and boxes, drink bottles and cans.
• If someone or group is using the range, please consult from a distance and wait in your vehicle / safe area until they are finished.
• Please be respectful of others waiting.
• Memberships will continue. Contact myself directly for any issues or concerns.
• We will review/renew our action plan every 2 weeks but may be changed or cancelled at the discretion of the UHRGA Executive and Board, direction of Health Canada, or our Provincial Government where Government Regulations will be proclaimed the rule of the day. Keep yourself informed.
• These are trying times. We are all trying to do our part in preventing the spread of the virus so that we do not overwhelm our Health Care system and all of its workers while protecting those we love. In Newfoundland and Labrador, we have been doing well, lets keep it that way. Thank you for doing your part.
Thanks and Stay Safe!
Wendell Smith Pres.,
UHRGA 709 686 5228